Week 5 - CST 300

Part I

This week I commented on Chris' and Meagan's blog post.

Part II

1. Customizable Visual Novel

My first idea was a type of visual novel game that incorporated elements from AI chat generation in order to build a sort of customizable game. The player would create their own story in a sense, and would possibly include the integration of APIs and Dall-E for the text and image generation. 

2.  Elopement App

Having gone through the process of planning an elopement with my now-husband, I think some kind of app where this information is consolidated and easy to use would be beneficial. Depending on the location, it would list all of the Chapels, local photographers, hair/makeup/stylists, and even additional resources (i.e. vintage cars, limo drivers, restaurants for the reception). For vendors, it would include a place to advertise last minute services. 

3. Animal Foster Network App

A mobile or web app that verifies people in your area that can foster stray animals. It would also be a non-profit that distributes funds for people in the verified network for the purpose of taking care of animals and getting them spayed/neutered. Additionally, it could link fosters to prospective adopters and larger animal rescues as it would include the animals information and health record within the app.

Part III

OLI Module 6 & 7

This week, the focus of the OLI modules included recognizing when conflict was about to take place and the most appropriate conflict styles to use in a given situation. Module 6 included a short video where two teammates were in conflict regarding their booth being level. We had to pinpoint when it became a conflict and recognize the signs of conflict. Module 7 had information on how to manage conflict strategically by considering how important the relationship is and how much I care about the issue/problem. 

Weekly Readings & Assignments

The readings focused on our upcoming ethics argument paper, logical fallacies and loaded words. Part of the assignments had us identify a logical fallacy in any context and provide an analysis of it. I think most people have familiarities with logical fallacies, however, may not have a name to put to it. It's good information to have, knowing that we will need to avoid these in our arguments. 

In terms of internships and graduate school, I am interested in both. I currently work full time, so while I do want to pursue an internship, there are only so many hours in a day between work, school and family obligations. I've always wanted to get a Masters degree, and this was my original plan when returning to school however I felt I needed more foundational knowledge before pursuing an advance degree. 

Comments

Popular Posts