Week 6 - CST 300

Team Meeting

During this week's team meeting we discussed various team members capstone ideas. Some of the ideas that were shared included various iOS applications, games and a calendar that uses OpenAI's API. We also discussed an inventory app idea from another teammate. Overall, the discussion was interesting as it gave me background on some of my teammates, but also provided me with ideas as well. Personally, I'm not set on what I want to do with my capstone, but discussing it this early on is great since it keeps it in the back of my mind. 

We briefly discussed the upcoming video project, mainly confirming that we will be doing the topic generative AI in gaming. It's a project that is coming up, so I know I will be in communication about tis more with my teammates in the coming days. 

Weekly Activities

This week's activities were primarily focused on career building and internships. The resources provided in this weeks reading's were extremely helpful, especially the link provided CSUMB's career development page. It included information on Linkedin, graduate schools, resumes, and several other resources. We were tasked with creating a shell website with our program information, which I also found to be extremely helpful. 

OLI Module 8 & 9

This weeks modules focused on active listening and assertion messaging. Module 8 included information on active listening through an activity between two characters, Kirk and Grant. In the first scenario, Kirk was dismissive and did not pay attention to Grant's concerns. In the second part, active listening was modeled. An activity was included where we had to review Kirks behavior and identify what we had witnessed in both videos. 

Module 9 was a lesson on assertion messaging. This was three components: the objective description, emotional response and explanation of the problem's impact. The activity in this module had us come up with a scenario and an assertion message for this. Finally, there was a text activity where we identified ways in which communication between Grant and Emma could have been handled more effectively. 

Comments

Popular Posts