CST 338 - Week 7/8

This has has gone by so quick. Looking back on the Jotto assignment, I remember thinking how difficult it was to jump into a different language and work on something that felt complicated to me. The assignments that came later on honestly felt a little easier to complete than Jotto, and I actually felt like I was learning more about abstract classes, extending classes and just OOP in general. At that point I hadn’t used github or IntelliJ, so I feel like I’d be able to debug my code and finish it a lot sooner if I had known more about the functionality of IntelliJ.

I think two of my victories comes from the final project and then also just from learning more in general, even if the class did seem to go by a lot faster than the initial pro seminar. Although I’m still working on the final project and find it to be extremely challenging, I have also enjoyed being able to build up an app. My teammate has been really helpful when needed and I’ve just had a good experience in general. I think my skills as a programmer in general have gotten better. There are times when I have hang ups, but learning more about lifecycles and even things like Inheritance have been both helpful and rewarding.

Comments

Popular Posts