CST 363 - Week 4

Briefly summarize 5 things what you have learned in the course so far.  

I've learned a lot about queries in general so far. I've learned about their structure, the syntax of certain statements, and how certain operations help with combining certain data (i.e. inner and outer join). Along with SQL, I've learned more about how to code with Java, like how to do a query with predicates. While I had some familiarity with ER diagrams from my previous course, I feel like I've learned a lot more about entities, attributes and the relationships between them. I like I've gained more experience in creating databases in general, especially in SQL. 

List at least 3 questions you still have about databases.

  1. Are there different ways we can improve performance and efficiency in data retrieval from databases, specifically in Java?
  2. What are common issues and pitfalls that typically come up when writing queries, and how can these mistakes be minimized?
  3. How can queries by utilized to join together two separate database tables in a recycler view? 


Comments

Popular Posts