CST 334 - Week 1

 This week I learned more about Operating Systems in general, it's role as a resource manager and how it essentially takes resources (such as the CPU, memory, or disk) and virtualizes them. The idea of virtualization isn't all that familiar to me, as well as concurrency, so it was interesting to get some additional information on these concepts and how they will play into the rest of the course. Additionally, I learned more about the functionality of an computer system and how it can be viewed as a set of layers, including the user mode, kernel mode and the hardware. Finally, I learned more about how to use docker and coding in C. I found the work to be challenging given my lack of experience with C and using the terminal to run docker. Overall, I found the material to be pretty in-depth and informative about concepts I have little familiarity with. 

Comments

Popular Posts